Veterans Aide & Attendance Benefits
Learn More About Veteran's Benefits
There may be tax-free benefits available to wartime veterans and their spouses who are 65 years old and older through the Department of Veterans Affairs known as Aid and Attendance.
In essence, these benefits are intended to provide financial aid to assist those requiring assistance with tasks of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring so that the cost of long-term care can be offset. This tremendous financial assistance for assisted living, memory care, or independent living can help ease your mind.
If you or a loved one has served and are looking into a senior living community that offers assisted living, memory care, or independent living, be sure to speak with your Senior Living Financial Specialist today for steps to qualify for Aid and Attendance Pension Benefits.
How to Qualify
Under current law, we recognize the following wartime periods to decide eligibility for VA pension benefits:
- Mexican Border period (May 9, 1916, to April 5, 1917, for Veterans who served in Mexico, on its borders, or in adjacent waters)
- World War I (April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918)
- World War II (December 7, 1941, to December 31, 1946)
- Korean conflict (June 27, 1950, to January 31, 1955)
- Vietnam War era (November 1, 1955, to May 7, 1975, for Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. August 5, 1964, to May 7, 1975, for Veterans who served outside the Republic of Vietnam.)
- Gulf War (August 2, 1990, through a future date to be set by law or presidential proclamation)
Do you need guidance on ways to pay for your senior living community?
We help you understand your options and ways to maximize resources available to you!
OPTIONS FOR FUNDING YOUR LONG TERM CARE
SHORT TERM BRIDGE LOAN
A short term Bridge Loan is a loan that will allow for you to pay for care now until permanent funding is arranged.
Veterans have benefits available to assist in paying for senior living with potential maximum monthly awards ranging from $1,432 to $2,642.
You can use the proceeds from the sale of your home by listing your home with a senior-focused Realtor®
LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE
If you purchased long term health care insurance we can help you review your policy to determine if it will pay for your community.
Learn about the tax deductions available to you and your family when paying for care in a community.
LIFE INSURANCE CASH VALUE
If you have a life insurance policy, you may be able to transform that policy into a pre-funded financial account that will disburse a monthly benefit stipend to help you pay for long term care needs.
Free up time and alleviate yourself from the overwhelming process of moving. Senior moving specialists are available to help with as much or as little of the work as you’d like!